Catapres online is contraindicated if you have any of the following conditions:
- If you have a disease of the blood vessels of the brain;
- if you have an allergic reaction to any of the components of the transdermal patch;
- if you have an allergic reaction to Catapres online;
- If you have severe heart or kidney disease;
Do not take Catapres online with any of the following drugs:
- Tricyclic antidepressants such as Elavil and Tofranil;
- Sedatives such as Valium, Xanax, and Halcion;
- Calciumblockers such as the heart medications Calan and Cardizem;
- Beta-Blocker drugs such as the blood pressure medications Inderal and Lopressor;
- Barbiturates such as Nembutal and Seconal;
Catapres online side effects that you should report to your health care professional or doctor as soon as possible:
- Abdominal pain;
- Behavior changes;
- Blurred vision;
- Breast development in males;
- Burning eyes;
- Burning or reddened skin;
- Changes in heartbeat;
- Congestive heart failure;
- Decreased sex drive;
- Difficulty in sleeping or nightmares;
- Discolored or whitened skin;
- Dry eyes;
- Dry mouth, nose or eyes;
- Dry mouth;
- Dry nasal passages;
- Excessive nighttime urination;
- Greater sensitivity to alcohol;
- Hair loss;
- Heart irregularities;
- Joint pain;
- Leg cramps;
- Little or no urination;
- Loss of appetite;
- Loss of sex drive;
- Mental depression;
- Muscle pain;
- Narrowing of the blood vessels in the hands leading to periods of white, painful hands;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Pins and needles sensations in the hands and feet;
- Pounding heartbeat;
- Retention of water in the body tissues;
- Sedation (calm);
- Skin reactions such as rash or itching;
- Slower than normal heart beat;
- Throbbing skin;
- Vague bodily discomfort;
- Vivid dreams or nightmares;
- Weight gain;
Reported Catapres online overdose symptoms are:
- Slowed reflexes;
- Slowed heartbeat;
- Slowed breathing;
- Low body temperature;
- High blood pressure followed by a drop in pressure;
- Constriction of pupils of the eye;
Dosages are generally as above however, the initial dosage for an older person may be lower than the regular starting dose.
Safety and effectiveness of the Catapres online tablets and patch in children below the age of 12 have not been established.
People who are using another high blood pressure medication should not stop taking it abruptly when they begin using the patch, because the medication in the patch may take a few days to begin working. The other medication should be discontinued slowly as the patch begins to take effect.
The patch comes in different strengths, and your doctor will determine which is best for you based on your blood pressure response.
The most common effective dosages range from 0.2 milligram to 0.6 milligram per day divided into smaller doses. The maximum effective dose is 2.4 milligrams per day however, this dose is not usually prescribed.
The dosage will be adjusted to your individual needs.
The usual starting dose is 0.1 milligram, twice a day (usually in the morning and at bedtime).
The regular dose of Catapres online is determined by increasing the daily dose by 0.1 milligram at weekly intervals until the desired response is achieved. A larger portion of the increased dose can be taken at bedtime to reduce potential side effects of drowsiness and dry mouth that may appear when you begin taking this drug.